Even though the characters in the story all die at the end, I still just loved how nice and simple the plot was. I didn't like the racial slurs involved, but besides that, a fine story. I felt the beginning was a little confusing, (because I thought they were on a plane for a little bit) but once I realized they were always in a car, I was fine. While I liked the simplicity of this story, I feel that because of its lack of depth besides the good man (which I'll go into in the next paragraph) its really hard to say anything besides, "nice job author, that was a great story you told". What I liked about this story besides its simplicity was the writing and the plot, I was actually surprised when the Misfit killed the whole family, and even though it may have seemed a little shocking, I was prepared for that to happen to the point where I'm not even going to go into detail about it. Overall, I liked this story because it had a nice little "introduction"(which some of the stories lack) and because the plot after the "introduction" was straightforward, and directly presented the point that was presented early in the story which was: A Good Man is Hard to Find. What I liked best about this story was that there was really nothing to complain about, which saves me an awful lot of time and space. In the end, I thought this was one of the better stories we've read, even if it was more unusual.
What is the significance of the title "A Good Man is
Hard to Find"
I think what the title is saying is that nowadays it is very rare that somebody will do something for another person out of the kindness of their heart no matter the situation. Which is why it was weird in a way that this murderer the misfit stopped to help the family, even though he was being watched; of course he killed them when the grand mother wouldn't shut her trap, but up to the point that grandmother spills the beans the Misfit seems pretty helpful, and doing it out of the good of his heart. I guess what the significance of this title is also relates to the fact that you can find a good man even in the most despicable sounding people; which may also translate into don't judge a book by its cover. But overall, I think that it relates back to finding a good man is hard, but when you do (the misfit) it can be helpful. My other interpretation of this is that you never know how good a person is until they do something bad, because the Misfit seems pretty nice up until the point the grandmother talks, and then he kills the family, so maybe the author is trying to convey the feeling of, "Is he a good man, ooh... so close," but keep in mind, these are just my ideas and probably aren't spot on for the correct interpretation of the title's relation to the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment