Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy Endings

Second entry, and no slip ups yet, Let's start shall we.  First off, the third story was my favorite, due to how interesting and complex it was, and second off, I loved what the author did to make this story.  The story surrounds around two main characters, and starts with a main story, which is titled "A" which has alternate endings below that consecutively go down the alphabet each alternate ending.  The end of these stories always ends up connecting back to the original.  The original story called "A", although the most boring, is that two main characters, John and Mary fall in love and die old together.  Because the other stories—no matter how grim they get—connect back to this nice boring story, the short story in total is titled Happy Endings hence the "happy endings" in story "A".  Now to my reactions: loved the story, I was laughing at how out of hand the situations got in these stories, in the third one, letter C, the main character John is cheating on his wife with a hot twenty year old lady and elderly, then finds his paramour high in her house having sex with another guy, buys a hand gun, kills her and her paramour and then kills himself.  Meanwhile his wife just marries another guy, and the story goes back to the happy ending.  I just love the craziness of this story!  Towards the end it focuses on elderly John's old wife and her new husband Fred but always goes back to the happy ending, which although a little dull is still interesting considering that I had to read "A".  The only part that I didn't like about this story is the entire ending, where they talk about "inserting your own thing here" and "all you need to do is add a what and a what and a what" because I feel that it wouldn't have dulled down the content of the story had the author just ended it at the last possible implausible ending.  What I did like about a part of the ending was how the author said that the only authentic ending in this story is the one where both John and Mary die, I have to give the author credit for that, I liked it.  Overall a nice story, and minus the part where the author breaks the fourth wall and gets up in our face about the story nice job!

G.

John, who is a banker that makes millions of dollars a year is married to an ex-strip-club dancer named Mary who only married John for his money. Mary who is 25, hot and ready to party hates living with 36-year-old John, and has long been looking for a chance to cheat.  One day, while at a strip mall, an underwear model named James walks up to her and asks her if she wants to go out.  Eventually after several dates, Mary finds herself in James' bedroom taking off her clothes in front of James until she feels guilty and runs away crying to profess her affection to the always caring, always nice John.  Little does Mary know that John has been cheating with a college cheerleader named Madge, who at the moment she entered was putting on her clothes hastily.

Surprised by what has happened, Mary begins to cry, and John tells her to leave and never come back.  Three weeks after she leaves, the loneliness he feels in his 2-story-mega-mansion creeps to close to him, and he resorts to a life of drinking in which he quits his job, files for bankruptcy, and ends up at a hospital dying of Cirrhosis.

Mary has moved to San Diego where she met a nice man named Fred, marries him, and everything continues as in A, except with different names.

1 comment:

  1. What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete